With Governor Reynold’s announcement on May 13, Legacy Fitness Ankeny announced its official opening day of Monday, May 18 at 4:30 am.
The safety of our members and staff are of utmost importance and we will be following the guidelines from a state and national level to maintain a safe and healthy club for all.
Here are restrictions, health measures and guidelines currently in place.
• Please do not enter the facility if you are at higher risk for COVID-19.
• If you have been in close contact with anyone who has the virus, please do not enter the facility for the required 14 days following contact.
• We will be social distancing in the club and visible guidelines are clearly marked.
• Our staff will be taking their temperatures each morning.
• Our staff will be wearing masks in the facility.
• We ask that members wash their hands frequently in the available locker rooms. Sanitizer is also available in areas outside the locker rooms.
• Members are welcome to wear masks in the club, but it is not required.
• We ask that you wipe down the equipment before and after you use it. We will also be cleaning and sanitizing the equipment multiple times per day.
• We will not be having group fitness classes or group pool classes just yet. We will be evaluating and will announce more about group classes on June 1.
• The pool is closed for now. The Governor has stated May 27 is the evaluation date, so we will update pool info then.
• Child care is closed until we revaluate on June 1.
• With the restrictions on capacity, we have spread exercise areas out beyond our already spacious areas.
Reach out to our staff if you have any questions while you are in the club.
Everything about Legacy Fitness is new and we’re excited to have members experience what we’ve been working so hard to create. This is a very stressful time for all Iowans and our goal is to be flexible and to adapt so that our members can realize the health benefits of exercising to relieve stress, strengthen their bodies and minds.